Aids & Adaptations

Social Care will assess people’s needs and arrange for the provision of appropriate services by an Occupational Therapy Assessment (OT). This includes the needs of carers. An assessment is carried out of the needs of a person who has a substantial and permanent physical or sensory disability, which may result in social, environmental or personal difficulties.

Some of the help that may be provided is a home care package for help with personal care needs, equipment and/or adaptations in the home to help the person to live more safely and independently, carers support, counselling, day centres, residential and/or nursing care, and respite care. People are assessed on how much support they need each week and this can be given in the way of Personal Budgets/Direct Payments to allow the person to find their own services and use their budget to pay for them.

If you think that you could benefit from any of the above services please contact us for further advice or contact Social Care directly on Essex 0345 603 7630, Thurrock 01375 652868, Southend 01702 215008.  In Thurrock there is now an organisation called Thurrock First that can help and advise anyone over 18 with advice on Social Care, Mental Health and Community Health Services.  They can be contacted on 01375 511000.