We currently offer an information, advice, support, advocacy and guidance service to local disabled people, assisting them with a number of topics related to disability.
We offer a variety of projects to help as many people as possible access our service in the way best suited to them. We offer
- General information and advice, face to face, by our office in Grays
- Home Visiting service for people unable to get to us for help with benefit applications and independent living advice (this is currently a limited service)
- Welfare Rights Service to help people with appeals, casework, submissions and tribunals
- Advice Desk at Pitsea Library on the 4th Wednesday of each month
- Advice Desk at Wickford Library on the 4th Tuesday of each month
- Advice Desk at Lifestyle & Mobility Shop in Basildon on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month
- Advice Desk at Brentwood Community Hospital on the 2nd Tuesday of each month
- Advice Desk at the South Ockendon Centre on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month
- Advice Desk at Chadwell St Mary Library on the 1st Tuesday of each month
- Advice Desk at Tilbury Library on the 1st Wednesday of each month
- Advice desk at Purfleet Hub on the 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Information provided by telephone, Email, via our website, text
- Social Clubs and Self Help Groups in Basildon (call office for details)
We hope to add venues in Canvey and Rayleigh during the next financial year.
The following services are available. Appointments are needed for some areas of assistance e.g. form filling, appeal casework and home visits.
- Support, Information and Advice by friendly staff and volunteers
- Benefit Checks, Benefit Enquiries, Benefit Appeals and Casework
- Help with completion of various forms (hard copy and online)
- Advice on a variety of disability related subjects, e.g. equipment, leisure, access, etc
- Advocacy, Signposting and Referral, as necessary