We can give advice and information on many different welfare benefits and how to claim them.

We give assistance to people who require help with completing forms. We advise on Disability Living Allowance, Attendance Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Employment and Support Allowance, Carers Allowance, Pension Credit, Housing Benefit, Local Council Tax Scheme and Universal Credit.

Should you disagree with the decision given by the Dept of Work and Pensions (DWP) or if your case is very complicated, i.e. appeal tribunals, we are able to help and represent at First Tier Tribunal.  We have gained additional funding to extend this service to include representation at telephone hearing appeals and taking appeals to the Upper Tribunal.

If you are under 16 and disabled you might be able to claim Disability Living Allowance, between 16 and State Pension age you might be able to get Personal Independence Payment or if you are over State Pension age and disabled you might be able to claim Attendance Allowance. Telephone DIAL on 0333 366 1045 for further information or visit

If you and your partner if you have one are over State Pension age you may be able to claim Pension Credit Tel: 0800 991234.

If you are in receipt of Income Support, Universal Credit or Guaranteed Pension Credit did you know that you can claim for fares to hospital appointments and get help with optical services, dental care and you do not have to pay for prescriptions.

If you would like to carry out a benefit check for yourself or somebody you know to see if you are entitled to claim any benefits go to or the following websites or  If you are of pension age you can also do a check at Please have the following information to hand before starting the check, Postcode, Marital Status, Dates of Birth for everybody in the household, number of children, number of any non-dependants, salary and hours worked, name of any benefits you are already receiving and how much you receive, exact amount of all pensions received, exact amount of savings, exact amount of any stocks, shares, premium bonds, etc, exact amount of any tax credits, amount of child benefit, exact details of any other income. You will also need to know whether your home is council, housing association, private rent or if you are a homeowner, exact amount of the full rent or mortgage (before any deductions), the full amount of council tax (before any deduction) and the amount of any maintenance payments.